Barbecued Trout Recipe
This delicious recipe came from a friend her in Mountain Home. The sauce really gives the fish a wonderful flavor. Even those who aren't that fond of fish will like it prepared this way. My husband and I have been married for 45 years and moved to this area after retiring 4 years ago. — Vivian Wolfram, Mountain Home, Arkansas
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 pan-dressed trout
- Lemon wedges, optional
- 1. Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, oil and rosemary; pour two-thirds of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add fish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate bag for 1 hour, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place fish in a single layer in a well-greased hinged wire grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish is browned on the bottom. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Barbecued Trout
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC