Barbecued Ribs with Beer
These ribs are so simple to make, you will want to make them often. They always are juicy and have a wonderful taste. —Catherine Santich, Alamo, California
3 ServingsPrep: 2-1/4 hours Grill: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rack pork spareribs (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Rub the salt, Italian seasoning and pepper over ribs and place in a
- shallow roasting pan; add beer. Cover and bake at 325° for 2
- hours or until tender.
- Drain ribs. Spoon some of the sauce over ribs. Using long-handled
- tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the
- grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or
- until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 935 calories, 65 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 1,494 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 63 g protein.