Banana Mocha-Chip Muffins
These moist muffins combines my two favorite things—chocolate and coffee. The banana is just an added flavor bonus.—Melissa Williams, Taylorville, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules
- in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in bananas, vanilla and coffee
- mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to
- creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 dozen.