Banana Mocha-Chip Muffins
These moist muffins combines my two favorite things—chocolate and coffee— The banana is just an added flavor bonus.—Melissa Williams, Taylorville, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large
- bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat
- well. Beat in the bananas, vanilla and coffee mixture. Combine the
- flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture
- just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 dozen.