- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in bananas, vanilla and coffee mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBanana Mocha-Chip Muffins
"These are very tasty, but why is there such a huge amount of chocolate chips? Dial back the amount to perhaps 3/4 C, maybe even 1/2 C and the wonderful mocha flavour will come through perfectly."
"This recipe is a keeper. The muffins are so moist, chocolatey and just plain yummy!"
"I will never make another banana muffin recipe. These are the best."
"Boy were these good! The only thing I did different was I used" mini" chocolate chips. They are very moist and addicting! Bet you can't eat just one:}"
"I made these yesterday for Bible study and boy were they well received! Next time I will use a stronger coffee to enhance that flavor & might substitute white chocolate chips and banana flavoring... made 23 instead of 24 and used about 1-1/2 cup mashed bananas. Thanks for sharing!"