Balsamic-Goat Cheese Grilled Plums
Make a real statement at the end of your summer dinner party with this simply elegant dessert. Ripe plums are grilled, then dressed up with a balsamic reduction and sprinkled with tangy goat cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 medium firm plums, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and lemon peel. Bring to a boil;
- cook until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Grill plums, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side
- or until tender. Drizzle with vinegar mixture; sprinkle with goat
- cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 plum half with 1 tablespoon cheese and 2 teaspoons vinegar equals 58 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.