Make a real statement at your summer dinner party with this simple and elegant treat. Ripe plums are grilled, then dressed up with a balsamic reduction and sprinkled with tangy goat cheese. —Ariana Abelow, Holliston, Massachusetts
Featured In: 23 Plum Recipes Worth Savoring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 medium firm plums, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine vinegar and lemon peel; bring to a boil. Cook 10-12 minutes or until mixture is thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup (do not overcook).
- Grill plums, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Drizzle with glaze; top with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic-Goat Cheese Grilled Plums in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p232