Balsamic-Glazed Salmon Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in vinegar, mustard, wine, honey, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 2 tablespoons for basting.
- 3. Place fillets on prepared pan. Brush with sauce and sprinkle with oregano. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Brush with reserved sauce before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet equals 243 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.