Baked Pork Chops with Corn Dressing Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn or 1 can cream-style corn and 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 4 slices white bread, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (about 1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- Additional paprika and salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn, butter, celery, pimiento, bread cubes, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Arrange pork chops over dressing. Sprinkle with additional paprika and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Baked Pork Chops with Corn Dressing
"This sounded great, but it didn't turn out well. I followed directions to a T, but we just didn't like this recipe!"
"Wow! This was a big hit with my family. I wound up using about six slices of bread, though, because four seemed a bit scanty. With all the liquids and the eggs it was a rather pasty mixture, but it baked into a nice texture with plenty of corn flavor. I may trying doing it next time with a mixture of leftover corn muffins and sliced bread."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.