- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn or 1 can cream-style corn and 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 4 slices white bread, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- Additional paprika and salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, corn, butter, celery, pimiento, bread cubes, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Arrange pork chops over dressing. Sprinkle with additional paprika and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until chops are done. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Pork Chops with Corn Dressing
"This is a good basic recipe that can be significantly improved with just a little bit of tweaking. For a better textured stuffing, use dry, seasoned bread cubes instead of fresh bread. Or, you can increase the fresh bread to 6 slices, as suggested, which will give you a bit more stuffing. To add extra savoriness to the dish, I added some small diced onion (that I cooked until softened). and also some dried Sweet basil, which goes so well with the flavor of corn."
"This sounded great, but it didn't turn out well. I followed directions to a T, but we just didn't like this recipe!"
"Wow! This was a big hit with my family. I wound up using about six slices of bread, though, because four seemed a bit scanty. With all the liquids and the eggs it was a rather pasty mixture, but it baked into a nice texture with plenty of corn flavor. I may trying doing it next time with a mixture of leftover corn muffins and sliced bread."