Baked Ham and Apples Recipe
- 2 fully cooked bone-in ham steaks (1 pound each)
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Place ham in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rub with mustard and sprinkle with brown sugar. Core apples and cut into 3/4-in. slices; arrange in a single layer over ham. Dot with butter and sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 295 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,484 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Ham and Apples
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer