Baked Ham and Apples Recipe
- 2 fully cooked bone-in ham steaks (1 pound each)
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium tart apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Place ham in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Rub with mustard and sprinkle with brown sugar. Core apples and cut into 3/4-in. slices; arrange in a single layer over ham. Dot with butter and sprinkle with pepper.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1484mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Baked Ham and Apples
"This was so simple! I added a little apple juice to the pan and didn't cover it. The ham didn't take quite as long to cook and it was very good."