Baked Crab Cakes
Reel in a breezy taste of the seashore with these easy and delicious crab cakes from Nashville, Tennessee’s Amelia Sunderland.
TIP: For a heftier “burger,” make two larger patties and serve on buns.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Shape into four
- patties; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place crab cakes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with tartar
- sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 crab cakes (calculated without tartar sauce) equals 228 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 198 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat,