- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Shape into four patties; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place crab cakes on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBaked Crab Cakes
"I found these to be very tasty! I used a 6-oz. can of crabmeat, well-drained. The meat was already flaked. I also used a can of clams, drained (6.5-oz.). I used 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs and instead of shredded carrot, I'd used 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper, 1 egg, lightly beaten, 1 Tbsp. margarine, melted, 2 tsp. mayonnaise, 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning, 1/4 tsp. EACH salt and pepper, 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard for more zing, 3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. The first time I made the crab cakes, I hadn't chilled them, I did bake them on a foil-lined baking sheet with PAM cooking spray for 25 minutes. They came out nicely! I made 7 small patties, rather than 4 large patties! The 2nd time, since I had such fun making the crab cakes, I used a 5-oz. can, well-drained white albacore tuna in water. I'd used 1/4 cup GREEN pepper. NOTE: I omitted the parsley since I'd used Italian bread crumbs! The 2nd time around, I'd omitted the salt and pepper since the Old Bay seasoning was certainly spicy! Thank you for sharing your recipe!"