Baked Chicken with Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° Pour pasta sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with egg substitute and part-skim mozzarella cheese; calculated without pasta) equals 499 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,369 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.