- 1 large egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170° Pour pasta sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Chicken with Pasta Sauce
"Really good chicken Parmesan recipe. I recommend flipping the chicken before adding the sauce and cheese so that it is not raw looking like in the picture. Also, I did not pour the sauce over the chicken but around it, so that it would be a little crispy. I served this with spaghetti tossed with extra sauce, garlic bread and Caesar salad."
"This is a very good, very simple recipe. However, I changed a few things to suit it better to my taste. First, I used 3/4 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 monterey chicken seasoning. Also, I added just a bit of butter to the pan during baking to keep the chicken moist. Finally, I added just a bit of mexican style shredded cheese for a different flavor.Overall, this is a great recipe and my wife loved it. I will definitely try it again!"
"This was really tasty! I cooked some fettuccine, then put it in a casserole dish sprayed with pan spray. Topped it with the baked chicken, then poured the pasta sauce over all, covered with cheese and extended the 2nd cooking time to 30 minutes instead of 12-14. The sauce and juices from the chicken ran into the pasta, giving it a great flavor boost. Mine doesn't look like the picture, but the variation worked well for us. Served it with a spinach salad topped with feta, sliced salami, and pepperoncini."