Baked Beans with Pineapple Recipe
This recipe is a staple at our neighborhood's annual barbecue.—J Hindson, Victoria, British Columbia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:25-30 servings
- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans (two 55 ounces, one 28 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- 2. In a very large bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, bacon and onion. Combine brown sugar and ketchup; stir into the bean mixture.
- 3. Transfer to two greased 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 25-30 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 266 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC