Baked Apples on the Grill Recipe
Sweet coconut provides the delicious difference in this fun grilled great from Jodi Rugg of Aurora, Illinois. "Our two children enjoy helping me stuff the yummy filling into the apples," she reports. "It's so easy that sometimes we don't even bother to do the measuring!"
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place each apple on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into center of apples. Fold foil over apples and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 209 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC