Baked Apple Oatmeal Recipe
On cold winter mornings in Wisconsin, Mom warmed us up by serving this deliciously sweet cereal. Winters are mild here in North Carolina, but this oatmeal is still one of my favorites.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat milk, brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Baked Apple Oatmeal
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC