Bacon-Topped Meat Loaf
My family loves meat loaf- this one in particular. I created the recipe after trying and adjusting many other recipes over the years. Cheddar cheese tucked inside and a flavorful bacon topping dress it up just right for Sunday dinner!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand
- for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 pieces) equals 329 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot