Backbone Roll-Ups Recipe
These roll-ups from our Test Kitchen are sliced thick, then stacked slightly askew to resemble a backbone. Feel free to use other fillings.
- 3/4 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 thin slices deli ham
- 12 thin slices hard salami
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. Spread 2 tablespoons of spreadable cheese over each tortilla. Layer with spinach, ham, salami and cheese. Sprinkle with peppers. Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut each into six slices. On a serving plate, stack roll-ups to resemble a spine. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 278 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,009 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC