Try my sandwiches for an exciting flavor twist on grilled cheese.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 8 ounces sliced Havarti cheese
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread four bread slices with preserves. Layer with cheese and
- avocado slices; sprinkle with salt. Top with remaining bread. Butter
- outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast sandwiches on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on
- each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.