Au Gratin Taters N Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine potatoes and sauce mix according to package directions. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange chops over potatoes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle cheese and bacon over chops. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 315 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.