Au Gratin Taters N Chops
"This easy entree will please adults and children alike," promises Laura Starkey of Manhattan, Kansas. "I made it often as a college student, decreasing the number chops to two so I would have great-tasting leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Meanwhile,
- in a large bowl, combine potatoes and sauce mix according to package
- directions. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange
- chops over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices
- run clear and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle cheese and bacon over
- chops. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 315 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4