Give the cod an Asian twist with a quick side that has a hint of heat. We loved this recipe with its bright, crisp-tender snow peas and carrots, but you could easily substitute any veggies you have on hand. —Anne Smithson, Cary, North Carolina
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and onions in oil
- until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. Drain
- pasta. Add pasta and soy sauce mixture to skillet and toss to coat.
- Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 274 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.