Artichoke Egg Casserole Recipe
- 4 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (about 25 crackers)
- 1. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. Set aside. Cut artichokes into slices; set aside. In a small skillet, saute green onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, artichokes, mushrooms, cheese, cracker crumbs, onion mixture and reserved marinade.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.