Artichoke Egg Casserole Recipe
- 4 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (about 25 crackers)
- 1. Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. Set aside. Cut artichokes into slices; set aside. In a small skillet, saute green onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, artichokes, mushrooms, cheese, cracker crumbs, onion mixture and reserved marinade.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Artichoke Egg Casserole
"This was good, but quite pricey to make. I used saltine crackers instead of the butter-flavored ones. I think it might be almost as good and somewhat cheaper to use all mushrooms (no artichokes) and just add the marinade to it."
"This is an excellent meal in one container and disappears so fast, I have to make at least three times what the recipe calls for. This recipe is a keeper."