- 4 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (about 25 crackers)
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/2 cup marinade. Set aside. Cut artichokes into slices. In a skillet, saute green onions and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in the artichokes, mushrooms, cheese, cracker crumbs, onion mixture and the reserved marinade.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forArtichoke Egg Casserole
"This was good, but quite pricey to make. I used saltine crackers instead of the butter-flavored ones. I think it might be almost as good and somewhat cheaper to use all mushrooms (no artichokes) and just add the marinade to it."
"This is an excellent meal in one container and disappears so fast, I have to make at least three times what the recipe calls for. This recipe is a keeper."