Artichoke Beef Steaks
Light green artichokes and vibrant pimientos make these colorful steaks perfect for the holiday season. If weather permits, grill the steaks outside and prepare the topping in a skillet as directed.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade. Coarsely chop
- artichokes and set aside. Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in butter over medium-high heat for 4
- minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a serving platter; keep
- In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade for 3
- minutes. Add artichokes and pimientos; heat through. Serve with
- steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 631 calories, 49 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.