Artichoke Beef Steaks Recipe
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1. Drain artichokes, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes and set aside. Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook steaks in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade for 3 minutes. Add artichokes and pimientos; heat through. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 631 calories, 49 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.