Light green artichokes and vibrant pimientos dress up these delicious steaks. If weather permits, grill the steaks outside and prepare the topping in a skillet as directed. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: Our Best Artichoke Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes and set aside. Sprinkle steaks with salt.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a serving platter; keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved marinade for 3 minutes. Add artichokes and pimientos; heat through. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Artichoke Beef Steaks in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p11
Reviews forArtichoke Beef Steaks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2012