Apricot-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
I usually serve this as a side dish with poultry or pork. As the wonderful aroma wafts through the house, I'm always asked, "Is dinner ready yet?" So don't be surprised if your gang comes to the table extra-hungry.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut up
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in
- apricot nectar, water and orange peel. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in
- butter and pecans. Pour over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10