Applesauce Spice Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Frost cooled cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cupcake: 164 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Applesauce Spice Cupcakes
"I thought that this recipe was very good! I was able to get 15 cupcakes out of this recipe!"
"I used this recipe for a few receptions and for friends, and people loved them. I folded into the batter a peeled, cored, chopped apple which gave it a nice appleyness. I also used caramel frosting."
"They didn't come out as moist as I thought they would, but I will try again. They were still good!"
"I thought they didn't have enough flavor. I was kind of disappointed as I made a double batch, because I was having company and I thought this would be something different to serve."
"I'm sure the original recipe is delicious. I made this recipe substituting a mixed gluten-free flour and using homemade apple pie spice in place of the nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. I made them twice in a one week they were so good. I could hardly believe how quickly my applesauce was disappearing. So excited to make more soon."
"I just made a couple of changes: used 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and cut out the cloves (Makes them bitter.) Added a chopped apple and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar - they were superb! Thanks for a great recipe."
"I thought they were delicious, didnt even frost them. I also left out the cloves and nutmeg"
"These were ok, a pretty good way to use up extra applesauce..."