Applesauce Spice Cupcakes Recipe
I began making these moist Applesauce Spice Cupcakes in grade school and still bake them today. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Frost cooled cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Applesauce Spice Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC