Apple Walnut Slaw Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1. Whisk together first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, walnuts and raisins; toss with dressing. Fold in apples.
- 2. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 233 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Walnut Slaw
"Great! Lots of eye appeal. I added a little celery. I'd make again. Janet"
"So easy, can have everything ready and make at the call . Very nice. Janet"