Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips Recipe
Meet the Cook: Both my husband and I were raised on farms, and we prefer home cooking to eating out. That works out fine since I love trying new recipes! I've served this treat as an appetizer and a snack. Plus, it's sweet enough to be a dessert. It's easy to transport besides. We have a 9-year-old daughter. -Carolyn Brinkmeyer, Aurora, Colorado
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine apples, strawberries and kiwi. Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoons; squeeze juice from orange. Add peel and juice to apple mixture. Stir in brown sugar and jelly.
- 2. For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 cups salsa.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC