Apple Salad Recipe
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1/4 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 121 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Apple Salad
"I am personally not a celery fan and am allergic to nuts, but I love this salad without those two ingredients. It is a family favorite at holiday meals. I have been making it for 6 years now and don't get tired of it."
"Quick and easy. However, I used canned whipped cream that I was trying to get rid of; not as good a result. Next time I will use the whipped topping called for OR make it like my grandmother did, whip REAL cream. Can't beat that!"
"Nice side dish for a fruit dish."
"I added some pineapple chunks to this recipe. Delicious!"
"very easy and good tasting"