Apple Mallow Salad Recipe
I enjoy picking fresh apples at local orchards, and using both red and green apples makes this a festive-looking salad to serve at parties and family gatherings.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in the apples, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in the peanuts. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Mallow Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC