- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 medium green apples, diced
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, vinegar and reserved juice until smooth. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fold in the apples, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, fold in the peanuts. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forApple Mallow Salad
"Fantastic all who had it like it. (10 people)"
"Made this for a crowd and it was a hit!!! Everyone wanted the recipe."
"good, not great. i thought it was too sweet. if i make it again, i'll cut sugar to 1/4 cup."
"This sounds like it could be a great dessert too."
"My family loved this salad, if you want to sugar it up I have even cut up about 8 mini snicker bars. I cant wait to make it again."
"This sounds delis, I always have apples and this is perfect for my 5 yr old. Apples & marshmallows!"
"this is the best!!!!!!"
"I would have never thought add flour? I'm going to try this one."