Apple Iceberg Salad Recipe
I CREATED this recipe when my children were small and fussed about eating fruits and vegetables. The slightly sweet dressing makes it a hit. This salad was part of our Friday meal when I served fried fish and boiled potatoes. My grown children call this "Mom's Salad". -M.J. Zimmerman, Altoona, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 large red apples, diced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and milk; mix well. add apples. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, toss with lettuce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Iceberg Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC