Apple Chicken Salad
Now that my six children are grown, I make lots of small-portion meals. This tasty salad is one of my favorite recipes because it’s colorful, a little different and it contains healthy ingredients.—Anne Stevens, Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 to 4 tablespoons regular or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped pimientos
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- Lettuce leaf
- In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Chill until ready
- to serve. Place lettuce leaf on a serving plate and top with the
- chilled chicken salad.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 554 calories, 33 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.