- mixture; blend well. Pour batter into well-greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking pan (13-in. x 9-in. baking pan may be used); decrease baking
- time by 15-20 minutes. Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, grate peel from lemon; measure out 1-1/2 teaspoons rind.
- Squeeze lemon; measure 3 tablespoons juice. Set aside. Beat egg
- yolks lightly; set aside. In separate bowl, blend sugar, cornstarch
- and salt. Measure water into saucepan; gradually stir in sugar
- mixture. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils clear and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Beat small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Return yolk mixture to saucepan; cook and stir about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add lemon peel, juice and butter. Pour sauce over
- cake. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 285 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now