Apple and Squash Crisp Recipe
Someone brought this crisp to a parish dinner at my church. I asked for the recipe, and now I take this yummy dessert to every potluck I attend.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours YIELD:9 servings
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add squash, pie filling and lemon juice.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over squash mixture.
- 4. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and squash is tender. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 285 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC