- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add squash, pie filling and lemon juice.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over squash mixture.
- Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and squash is tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forApple and Squash Crisp
"If you like Butternut squash, then you will probably like this recipe, but since I don't love squash, the squash flavor was too strong for me."
"We loved this butternut apple crisp.I am reprinting now to send to my Aunt after raving how wonderful it was"