Amish Baked Oatmeal Recipe
Meet the Cook: The first time I had this treat was at a bed-and-breakfast in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. To me, it tasted just like a big warm-from-the-oven oatmeal cookie! I'm a pastor's wife. We have three children - ages 8, 6 and 2. -Colleen Butler, Inwood, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Warm milk
- Fresh fruit and/or brown sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately spoon into bowls; add milk. Top with fruit and/or brown sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 460 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC