Almond Mocha Pie
Edna Johnson of St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin received this recipe from an aunt years ago. "The creamy chocolate pie - with a hint of coffee - is nice to have in the freezer for a quick reward on a hectic day," she notes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar with almonds (7 ounces)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Chocolate curls and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in boiling water; set aside. In a
- microwave, melt candy bar; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Fold in
- half of the whipped topping. Fold in coffee and remaining whipped
- topping. Pour into pastry shell; freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- chocolate curls and additional whipped topping if desired. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 311 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.