My family - all of whom are self-proclaimed chocoholics - can't get enough of these rich cookies. My sister-in-law shared the recipe and believes their success lies in beating the butter and sugar very well.
42 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in extract. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 7
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 165 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.