My family - all of whom are self-proclaimed chocoholics - can't get enough of these rich cookies. My sister-in-law shared the recipe and believes their success lies in beating the butter and sugar very well.
Recommended: 30 Classic Christmas Cookies to Spread Holiday Cheer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until almost white, about 10-12 minutes. Beat in extract. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Drops in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p34
Reviews forAlmond Drops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2009
"This is a great recipe - I have made it often this summer."