Almond Apricot Coffee Cake Recipe
From Greenfield, Iowa, Sharon Mensing writes, "The nutty aroma and delicate fruit flavor make this cake special enough to serve for company."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves, divided
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, sour cream and extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the almonds. Spread half of the preserves to within 1/2 in of the edges. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon remaining preserves over batter to within 1/2 in of edges. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 370 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC