Almond Apricot Bread
My mother, who is a big apricot and almond fan, inspired me to create this recipe. The teachers at our children's school look forward to me making these pretty loaves each Christmas.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) apricots with mixed fruit baby food, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/8 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon baby food for glaze. In another bowl, beat
- the egg, 3/4 cup milk, oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract and remaining
- baby food. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- almonds and apricots.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a