Albacore Tuna Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bread slices or lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, tuna, apple, celery, raisins and almonds. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice; stir into tuna mixture. Spread on bread or serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Albacore Tuna Salad
"Simple to make. I didn't care for this particular fruit and tuna combination, but that may just be my taste. Perhaps chicken would be better, as another reader mentioned."
"very refreshing, i did too use cranberries instead of raising, and used pineapple tidbits instead of crushed. I added chopped english cucumbers. Overall 3+ stars = )"
"This is delicioius. I do add cranberries instead of raisins & follow recipe w/all of the other ingredients."