10 Minute Zesty Salsa
The view from our mountain home includes Pike's Peak, so we frequently eat on our wraparound porch in good weather. During family get-together, we often savor this zippy salsa with chips while we feast on the natural beauty all around us.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon seeded chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro,
- garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 29 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.