Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
My daughter gave me this recipe because she knows I love potatoes. The hearty casserole is loaded with a palate-pleasing combination of bacon, cheeses, green onions and sour cream. —Betty Miars, Anna, Ohio
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place
- half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the
- salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle
- with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 594 calories, 38 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.