- Transfer to three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake
- at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Stir in
- confectioners' sugar and cream until smooth.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- Cool, stirring occasionally, until ganache reaches a spreading
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the
- filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread
- ganache over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 676 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.