Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 16)
- 2 medium zucchini
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, oil, seasoning, orange zest and red pepper flakes; set aside 1 tablespoon for basting. Pour the remaining marinade into a large bowl. Add the scallops; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut zucchini into very thin lengthwise strips. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a zucchini strip around each scallop. Secure by threading where the zucchini ends overlap onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill seafood, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are opaque, brushing once with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 srving: 194 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2012
easy, and very tasty.
Aug 19, 2011
So EASY and impressive. Made for a patio party and everyone wanted the recipe. Even the men!!!! I also for color used different color squashes & Carrots.
Aug 23, 2009
Try this recipe for Jerk Seasoning and you'll never need to buy the mix again.
Aug 23, 2009
INGREDIENTS2 tb Onion powder1 tb Sugar1 tb Morton salt1 tb Ground thyme1 1/2 ts Ground allspice3/4 ts Ground cinnamon3/4 ts Ground red pepperINSTRUCTIONSStir together all ingredients. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Rub seasoning on meats or poultry before grilling or roasting. Recipe by: BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS MAGAZINE -- SEPTEMBER 1996 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #677 by [email protected] (Ethel R Snyder) on Jul 17, 1997
Aug 11, 2009
I can not find Caribbean Jerk Seasoning what can i use instead? Claire
Mar 7, 2009
This is absolutely excellent! One of our favorite summer seafood grilling recipes.