Zucchini with Salsa
Carole Hildebrand from Kelseyville, California tops zucchini slices with chunky homemade salsa to make this scrumptious side dish. "I fix it often in the summer when I have the fresh vegetables on hand," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Divide zucchini between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.). In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over zucchini. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.